Electrical Safety Certificates

Electrical Safety Certificates

Full Description

Welcome to Electrical safety certificate producer, we can produce Landlord electrical certificate. Electrical Safety certificates are an important part of ensuring the safety of your tenants and being able to prove that you have taken reasonable steps to do so. simply call us for Electrical Safety Certificates. By law you should have a full electrical inspection carried out every three to five years dependent on previous inspection advise. This examination investigates the state of the electrical wiring throughout the property and thoroughly checks the safety of the electrical installation.


Electrical installation safety / Electrical safety certificate
At the beginning of each new tenancy, you should ensure that electrical installations – like fixed wiring – are safe and well maintained. Any electrical appliances you supply to tenants – like cookers and kettles – should be safe for them to use.
You should carry out regular inspections of fixed electrical installations – like sockets and light fittings – every five years. You should also arrange, at least once a year, for a qualified electrician to carry out a portable appliance testing (PAT) safety test on any portable electrical equipment you provide for tenants, like kettles. The PAT tester will give you a dated certificate and put stickers on the plugs of appliances to show that they are safe.


Fire safety standards
You must make sure your tenants have an escape route from your properties in case of fire. Depending on the size of the property, you may also have to provide fire alarms and extinguishers.
If you have a property let out to several different tenants – a house in multiple occupation – you may be asked to carry out a fire risk assessment by your local housing authority or fire service.
The assessment is designed to:
identify fire hazards
reduce the risk of hazards that may harm occupants
decide what physical fire precaution measures, like fire doors, and management procedures may be needed – if any risks are found, you may be asked to make changes, like clearing fire escapes
You must follow the fire-resistant furniture regulations if you let furnished accommodation to tenants. Furniture manufacturers will usually label their fire-resistant products. If a property is let on a one-off, short-term basis – for example, while you work away from home – the regulations do not apply.

Energy performance certificates and landlords
If you rent out, buy, sell or build a property, you will need to get an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). An EPC rates the energy efficiency of a property. It is based on the building’s energy performance – for example, how much heat is lost through the roof.
An EPC also takes account of the property’s heating and lighting. EPCs do not cover domestic appliance performance, like washing machines.
An EPC is valid for ten years – even if new tenants move into your property during that time. You should give a copy of your property’s current EPC to each new tenant.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.