Gas Safety Certificates

Gas Safety Certificates

Full Description

Welcome to Gas Safety Certificates, We can produce Gas safety certificates. As a Gas safety certificate provider we also offer a full range of planned and reactive maintenance works. Our friendly and uniformed tradesmen are fully qualified to assist you in all your internal and external home or office repairs. Simply call us for Gas Safety Certificates.


As well as carrying out planned and reactive maintenance on larger projects our specialist team are on call for emergencies in several fields such as plumbing, heating, electrics, roofing, carpentry and waste disposal.


Landlord Responsibility:




As you are a residential landlord your rented properties must meet health and safety standards designed to protect your tenants. you must keep your rented properties safe and free from health hazards. You must make sure that all gas and electrical equipment in your properties has been safely installed and is maintained. You must also follow fire safety regulations – for example, by checking that tenants have access to escape routes at all times.

Under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS), your local authority may inspect your property for health and safety hazards. If it finds serious problems, you will have to fix them. However, you can reduce the chance of this by carrying out your own checks for potential hazards, like damp. If you are a person licensed by a local authority to let out a property – a ‘licensor’ – you do not have the same health and safety responsibilities as landlords. However, you are still covered by the HHSRS. These standards are usually checked by your local authority’s environmental health team.


Gas installation and appliance safety

As a landlord, you are responsible for making sure that any gas electrical installations in your rented properties are safe.


Gas installation safety

If you let a property connected to a mains gas supply, you must arrange an annual maintenance check of gas pipe work, appliances and flues. This should be carried out by an engineer registered with the Gas Safe Register – formerly Corgi.

You should keep inspection records for at least two years and give copies of the reports to your existing tenants within 28 days of each check. You should also give copies to new tenants before they move in.

Your tenants are responsible for any gas appliances they own, but you must still maintain the parts of any associated gas installations – like flues and ventilation grilles – and the pipe work.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.